Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to choosing dental implant treatment to restore your smile
Dental implants have revolutionised the way in which dental professionals can effectively treat tooth loss. By targeting the issue at the very root, at the Brisbane Dental Implant Group we can use dental implants to offer many advantages to patients including:
- Improved confidence and self-esteem – Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself by providing full function and stability.
- Improved comfort and speech – Patients who suffer from tooth loss often experience slurring and mumbling as their mouth and facial muscles become lax. Unfortunately, patiently who use dentures can still experience this issue as ill-fitting dentures tend to slip within the mouth.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants don’t require using adjacent teeth as anchors like fixed bridges do. This means all remaining teeth are left intact as they don’t need to be shaved down to make room for fixtures which can cause deterioration on the health of the tooth. The implant system helps patients to have easy access when cleaning between teeth as well.
- Dietary and nutritional benefits – Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants can effectively secure your dentures so they function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain or worry.
- Convenience – Dental implants act in the same way as natural teeth. There is no need to remove them for cleaning or to apply adhesives in the case of dentures. Patients with dental implants simply go about their regular maintenance routine without the embarrassment in inconvenience.
- Durability – Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- An aesthetically enhanced smile – Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
Dental implants enable you to recapture your lifestyle after tooth loss and achieve overall well-being. Creating exceptional aesthetic and functional improvements; dental implants are beneficial to all patients who have experienced tooth loss. By restoring a missing tooth you are helping to:
- Improve the function and aesthetics of your smile.
- Prevent your remaining teeth from shifting.
- Prevent jawbone reabsorption.
After undergoing treatment, the majority of patients experience a significant enhancement in their chewing, dental hygiene and speaking ability. On the outside, patients also see a dramatic transformation in the appearance of their smile and in their general attitude towards life.