Should You Consider Dental Implants?
Losing a tooth can be a traumatic experience, regardless of the cause.
You may feel embarrassed or slightly vulnerable when facing this type of ordeal. Luckily, with technological advances, you can now smile with confidence, as all hope is not lost in the pursuit of restoring what has been lost.
Our caring team at Brisbane Dental implant Group is passionate about ensuring you receive high-quality dental care whilst providing the solutions and support needed in your journey to optimal oral health.
Why restore a missing tooth?
Not only will replacing a missing tooth restore the aesthetics of your smile, it will also prevent the resorption of your jawbone. Resorption describes the shrinking mass of the jawbone that can occur when it lacks the stimulation and nourishment provided by a tooth root.
Aesthetically speaking, preventing this resorption of the jawbone will result in maintaining facial contours having a direct effect on preserving a youthful appearance.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gums where teeth are missing. The metal anchors substitute tooth roots. The bone heals directly onto the surface of the titanium allowing a strong foundation for the artificial tooth, which is placed onto the titanium frame.
Advantages of dental implants
- The primary benefit of a dental implant is the fact that it acts as a natural tooth. Dental implants are made to look and feel authentic which will provide you with peace of mind that the dental procedure is not conspicuous.
- Due to the titanium from which they are made, they do not loosen over time. Furthermore, implants are designed to fuse with bone, resulting in the procedure yielding long-lasting results. Following good care, your implant can last a lifetime!
- In addition to appearing natural, the dental implant provides the same stability and functionality of a natural, healthy tooth. You are able to eat whatever you choose without experiencing any discomfort or difficulty when chewing.
- In the event of a missing tooth, facial muscles may become lax resulting in slurred speech. Replacing the missing tooth by means of a dental implant can restore efficient speech.
- Dental implants are fixed and therefore convenient. There is no need for separate cleaning or application of adhesives to keep the artificial tooth in place. You are able to care and maintain the tooth in the same manner as you would your natural teeth.
- Adjacent teeth are not negatively impacted by dental implants as the implants only cover the area over the gums. This works to prevent the occurrence of shifting teeth.
Dental implant surgery in Brisbane
Not only does our comprehensive team have a deep passion for providing top quality care, we are also calculated in our approach to dealing with the individual needs of our patients. Every patient is different and we therefore believe in providing personal solutions.
During your initial consultation, we assess your eligibility for dental implants and any measures that may need to be taken prior to the surgery. We also thoroughly discuss the procedure with you to ensure you understand the various aspects of the process before making any final decisions.
We care about making the process as comfortable as possible for our patients by providing a “one stop shop” for implant treatment. Our holistic team of qualified dental professionals enables our patients to progress through each step of the treatment beneath one roof for added convenience and ease.
Click here if you would like to book a consultation at our practice.